Diamond Electric is always looking for qualified applicants to fill positions. Currently, we are seeking applicants for Production Associates and a Manufacturing Area Technician. To apply online, click the APPLY NOW button.
Join Our Team
Design, develop, test, and evaluate integrated systems for managing industrial production processes while coordinating quality, inventory, logistics, materials, costs and production.
- Complete assign tasks assigned by Lead Manufacturing Engineer
- Maintain Equipment
- Train Maintenance in Area on Specialized procedures.
- Make PLC/HMI changes based off direction from Lead Manufacturing Engineer.
- Make equipment modifications based off direction from Lead Manufacturing engineer.
- Troubleshoot defects and downtime.
- Make improvement suggestions to Lead Manufacturing Engineer.
- Issue CR based off direction from Lead Manufacturing Engineer.
- Maintain area project list
- Engineering Degree, Electrical or Mechanical.
This entry level Design Engineering position will provide support to the Design Engineering team in Farmington Hills, Michigan. Applicants should already possess the educational engineering acumen to quickly learn the automotive industry design and validation requirements. The Design Engineer I will work closely with experienced design engineers on the design function, test validation, document and record keeping, prototype parts assembly and customer interface. This position will also work closely with the Sales team to determine design specifications, modifications and update drawings for North American and global automotive OEM’s.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES and COMPETENCIES:
- Provides status updates on project activities
- Assist in warranty return issues and investigation.
- CATIA/CAD transfer to customer
- Coordinate activities of outsourcing testing companies.
- Assist with managing the external and internal testing process (warranty return, basic electrical bench testing)
- Basic understanding of electrical circuits is a plus
- Operation of basic lab equipment for component testing
- Maintain (or in some cases create) database for document retention and retrieval
- Position will work in Design Engineering Department
- 5-10% travel
- Reports to the Design Engineering Manager
- Lcoated in Farmington Hills, Michigan
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering-required
- CATIA V5, 3D Modeling experience, preferred but not required
- MS Office and other relevant engineering software required